What is the Healthy Diabetes Plate?
What foods should you eat if you have diabetes? Fortunately, planning healthy meals to manage diabetes doesn't have to be a complicated affair.
The Healthy Diabetes Plate takes the five food groups and helps you visually create healthy and tasty breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. You don't need to measure or weigh your foods or buy special food products. All you need is a 9-inch plate for your vegetables, starches, and protein foods, plus a small bowl and/or glass for your fruit and dairy products. Life is good!
Why use the Healthy Diabetes Plate?
- It's easy: 85-99 percent of adult subjects who tested this method planned their meals correctly.
Read more ...
- It saves time and money by using regular foods. That means less "impulse" buying and fewer trips to the grocery store.
- It makes meals healthy by including all of the five food groups.
- It keeps blood sugar under control by limiting food portions. This minimizes the damage that high blood sugar levels can do to kidneys, nerves, heart, and eyes.
- It's for all family members. You don't have to be a certain age or be diagnosed with diabetes to benefit.