University of Idaho Extension
Home > earning university of idaho credit

earning university of idaho credit

As a Master Gardener student, you can earn one, two, or even three University of Idaho credits—depending on whether your county’s course involves at least 15, 30, or 45 hours of classroom instruction. To earn this academic credit, you must pass the course (which is graded on a pass/fail basis), prepare a report, make a classroom presentation, take a final exam, and complete your volunteer hours. Follow these steps to enroll as a non-matriculated (non-degree-seeking) student:

  • From the University of Idaho Registrar’s Website, download the Application for Non-degree Admission and Registration at
  • Fill out the form and print it.
  • For the Master Gardener course information, go to the Course Schedule for the spring semester in which you are enrolling at Select the Plant Science (PLSC) offerings. Scroll down to PLSC 212 and find the information you need, such as the course registration number (CRN).
  • Write a check for payment.
  • For the current amount, call the Student Accounts Office at (208) 885-7447, write, or click on Refer to the undergraduate fee for Idaho residents attending part-time (1-9 credits).
  • Send the form and payment to the Undergraduate Admissions Office, University of Idaho, 875 Perimeter Dr MS 4264, Moscow, ID 83844-4264.

If you have questions, call the Undergraduate Admissions Office at (208) 885-6326 or Dr. Bob Tripepi at (208) 885-6635.